Commonly known as ‘online: coating, the Pyrolytic coating process involves fusing metal oxide particles with hot glass during the floating process, which allows the two substances to bond on a molecular level, creating a hard coating that is both mechanically and chemically durable.
Sphinx® Pyrolytic reflective coatings – Solarite® and Vistalite®
– have all characteristics of Pyrolytic coated glass:
- Long shelf-life
- Do not require edge deletion
- Usable for all post-processing operations, including: tempering, curving, bending, laminating, silk-screen printing.
- Can be used in monolithic or IG configuration
- Sphinx® Pyrolytic coated glass is CE, marked and conforms to EN 1096.