Automotive glass manufacturing has been evolving hand-in-hand with automobile design. More recently, the curved shape has grown into popularity, becoming one of the most commonly in demand shapes for many producers and processors.
Sphinx Glass is committed to meeting the changing demands of car manufacturers, utilizing the most advanced manufacturing technologies to ensure the optimum quality of its products and services.
Sphinx Automotive Quality comes in varying sizes and thicknesses, beginning from 2.1 mm to 3mm, Yet its defining characteristic is its clear and undistorted visibility, whether in the clear float or green ranges, which provide high transmittance and reduce solar heat gain, making the different varieties of Sphinx Glass products ideal for windscreens, sidelights and backlights.
|Glass Configuration||UV||Visible Light||Solar Energy|
|Trulite Clear Monolithic||%||%||%||%||%|
|(MM)||Transmittance||Transmittance||Reflectance Outdoors||Reflectance Indoors||Color Render Index Ra (D65)||Transmittance||Reflectance||Absorption||Solar Factor|
|SHGC||SC||U Value W/M2K|
– Performance data is based on representative samples of factory production. Actual values may vary slightly due to variations in the production process.
– Tabulated data is based on NRFC methodology using the LBL Windows 5.2 Software and where noted European methodology using WinDat WIS version 3.0.1 software.
– SF = Solar Factor (EN410) also known as g-value
– Color Rendering Index Ra (D65) = the ability transmitted daylight to portray a variety of colors compared to those seen under daylight without the glazing.
– “a(D65)” refers to an average of eight color samples at 6500 K color temperature. In illumination, general color rendering Indices Ra above 90 are very good and Ra between 80 and 90 are good.