Glass is the main component of mirrors, thus a perfectly smooth glass surface will be a perfect mirror. Sphinx® Glass perfectly uniform and smooth surface provides an effective base for a reflective layer of metal.
Sphinx Glass provides a range that is uniformly smooth and practical for all purposes from interior designs, car mirrors, household mirrors, and window panes, etc. Designers need only to specify the thickness required; from 2.7 mm till 6 mm and Sphinx Glass will provide perfect silvering quality glass for the best quality mirrors.
|Glass Configuration||UV||Visible Light||Solar Energy|
|(MM)||Transmittance||Transmittance||Reflectance Outdoors||Reflectance Indoors||Color Render Index Ra (D65)||Transmittance||Reflectance||Absorption||Solar Factor|
|SHGC||SC||U Value W/M2K|
– Performance data is based on representative samples of factory production. Actual values may vary slightly due to variations in the production process.
– Tabulated data is based on NRFC methodology using the LBL Windows 5.2 Software and where noted European methodology using WinDat WIS version 3.0.1 software.
– SF = Solar Factor (EN410) also known as g-value
– Color Rendering Index Ra (D65) = the ability transmitted daylight to portray a variety of colors compared to those seen under daylight without the glazing.
– “a(D65)” refers to an average of eight color samples at 6500 K color temperature. In illumination, general color rendering Indices Ra above 90 are very good and Ra between 80 and 90 are good.